Updated - 5 Feb 19
Published - 18 Jan 19
There have been a number of updates to the Articles of Association to go to the AGM in 2019. Like in 2018, these will be agreed, by special resolution at the AGM, requiring 75% of those members voting, voting in favour.
In addition to tidying up the AoA and removing elements applicable only to the transition period the key changes to the AoA are:
- Adding a specific object to support GB climbing team and indoor climbing.
- Ensuring the rules on Directors payment are appropriately defensive for the BMC.
- Updating the thresholds at which members can raise resolutions or a General Meeting.
- Reducing the defined AGM notice periods. Though these periods are now set at the legal minimums, the BMC will always aim to notify members as early as possible on all AGM matters.
- Updating the National Council membership articles to define the key principles rather than detailed process. The process elements have been moved into the new National Council Terms of Reference which is part of the Memorandum of Understanding document set.
- Providing for Areas Officers to make use of digital engagement tools to ensure they are able to more fully represent the members in their Areas.
- Clarifying and strengthening Members ability to hold Area Officers and Representatives to account.
The document can be found here (link updated on 5th Feb with the version presented to National Council).
Please feedback by email to email@example.com