Summary of the research and consultation with clubs, and
Summary of the recommendations for the next steps as contained within the interim report to the Board of Directors and National Council
Our research and consultation with BMC-affiliated clubs identified that:
- Presently clubs have little formal representation within the governance structure of the BMC and this has led to a lack of understanding of the decisions made and a sense of lack of control over the direction and activities undertaken by the BMC.
- The products and services on offer to clubs have not kept in line with the technological changes and shift in the types of clubs, the methods of communication and the membership make up.
- Clubs have a desire to assist and be involved in the delivery of BMC objectives rather than simply just be a user of services.
We have three main strands which we will be asking members to support in the next round of BMC Area meetings (September 2019).
- Develop a collaborative approach to working with clubs
1.1. Develop closer relationships with clubs, increasing engagement with the BMC.
1.2. Harness the expertise and volunteer base within clubs to achieve local and national strategic goals.
1.3. Ensure a mutually beneficial relationship between clubs and the BMC.
- Strengthen club representation and influence
2.1. Endorse the changes to the purpose and composition of the BMC Clubs’ Committee to boost effectiveness and club engagement.
2.2. Endorse the recommendation that the Chair of the BMC Clubs’ Committee (or a representative) to sit on National Council as a full voting member.
2.3. Endorse a club member to be elected as a constituency member of National Council in order to complement the existing representation for Clubs as an entity.
- Review ‘Products and Services’ for clubs and club members
3.1. Complete a review on Products & Services for clubs and for club members.
3.2. Complete an investigation to explore the potential methods and product requirements to engage with the growing number of new and evolving club types.
The complete Interim Report that was shared with the Board and National Council can be found here
A PDF copy of this report is available below to help you share this as required: