BMC ODG Update: January Area Meetings
17th January 2019
The BMC‘s Organisation Development Group (ODG) was set up to provide an oversight of the work required to take forward organisational change to the BMC, in line with the spirit of the ORG recommendations. The ODG has 8 workstreams of work from Strategy and Vision, to Membership Engagement and comprises a mix of key volunteers, BMC Directors, and staff.
What’s happened recently
In the run up to the AGM 2019 on March 31st 2019 about 80% of the work has been focussed on reaching agreement on a number of the remaining Governance issues including:
- Memorandum of Understanding (MoU),
- National Council reform and its interim Terms of Reference (NC ToRs), and
- Board of Directors Terms of Reference (Board ToRs).
There has also been some significant progress from Paul Evans, leading on Membership Engagement, and Fiona Sanders, leading on Partnerships.
There is a high level summary of the project management documents available below:
A number of other documents and articles, including the terms of reference for the ODG, and its work streams are available on the ODG website.
What we’re asking from members and BMC areas
We’d welcome feedback, review, and questions on any of the documents available, or any aspect of the ODG. However, at this stage, we’d specifically like any feedback on:
- Interim National Council ToRs. Next step: vote at NC meeting, 9th Feb
- Memorandum of Understanding (MoU). Next step: vote at NC meeting, 9th Feb
- Articles of Association. Next step: feedback, review, then vote at AGM 2019
- Board ToRs. Next step: feedback, then review and agree at Board, 11th Feb
(click on the links to each document in the titles above)
How to feedback
- Go to your local area meeting and ask your National Council Rep to take back your feedback to National Council
- Email ODG directly on: firstname.lastname@example.org